Fibre Optic Installer
We are currently seeking a qualified Fiber Optic Cable Installer with a strong work ethic and experience in the installation of fiber optic cables in OSP and Data Center environments.
- Previous experience (1 Year) in telecommunications, electrical engineering, or other related fields.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with fiber pulling and fiber blowing equipment required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean motor vehicle record.
- Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background checks are mandatory.
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards.
- Experience running or bending conduit.
- Experience with digital multi-meters and testing cable.
- Troubleshooting networking issues.
- Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels.
- Fiber experience including fusion splicing (mass and single), Anaerobic Terminations, SC, LC, FC, ST Connectors.
Responsibilities: (But not limited to)
- Assist with testing and termination of cable systems.
- Supervise or be part of a team in the installation and maintenance of communication systems.
- Adjust voice and video configurations to minimize communication disruptions.
- Ability to read, understand, and implement design prints and follow other instructions pertaining to the job.
- Requires manual labor functions (ability to lift 50 pounds) and working in tight spaces.
- Experience using hand and power tools.
- Ability to perform job activities outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be willing and able to travel for extended periods of time and work flexible hours.
- Some after-hours and weekend work will be required. Follow all established safety practices and procedures.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work respectfully with others and accept direction from superiors.
- Investigate customer issues and design appropriate solutions.
- Order and maintain inventory stock supplies.
- Maintain effective communication with the project manager regarding project milestones, inventory, crew, etc…
- Pulling and routing CAT 5E/6/6A; COAX, and AV cable.